The Darlene Kelly Memorial Scholarship Winner

The San Diego Chapter Ninety-Nines congratulate member Krystene Zehnder who has won the 2008 year $2,000 Darlene Kelly Advanced Training memorial flight scholarship. She plans to use the award to finish her instrument rating in pursuit of her goal of career pilot.



"My instructors have been very helpful, fun, and encouraging. They have made me feel like I could do anything I put my mind to, even when I am struggling with different aspects of my training. I want to be able to do that for someone else. That is why after getting my commercial rating, I want to become a certified flight instructor. I want to help and encourage young pilots just like my flight instructors have encouraged me. Being able to see new pilots fall in love with flying like I did and nurture that into a rewarding career will be one of the most rewarding things I can do in my life. In addition, by becoming a certified flight instructor I will be able to build up my commercial flight time and achieve my career goal of becoming an airline pilot."